Friday, April 10, 2009

DVD update and Brad is coming home soon!

Last report we were at 367 DVDs. Since then the momentum has really picked up. Brad has announced that he is at 700 DVDs. Random donations have been sent to him all the way in Iraq! I want to thank Stacy Monahan (her friends and church), Brad's mom Fyrne, Russ and Wanda and our UU church for the continued donations.

It seemed like 1000 was an unattainable goal initially but I think we will make it! Brad is set to come home soon (mid- May) and he will pass the project on. Hopefully we will be getting out of Iraq soon and the need for movies will not exist anymore! Some random soldiers will pack away with hundreds of DVDs when we do finally leave... Thank you all again for your support! Having mailed out hundreds of DVDs I know that it took a lot of people to make this happen. It reminds me of my favorite saying, many hands make light loads.

I have talked to Brad often, and he sounds good. He has personally been touched by multiple soldier suicides, that is an aspect I didn't think he would have encountered as much as he has. So sad.

I am busy working on the house so we can have a welcome home / Birthday party for Brad. We are planning a remodel this summer so I am trying to be mindful of not doing projects that will just be "redone". There are 6 of us living in a house that is too small so we are going to bump it out a little. I will be sendind invitations in May for the day long event!!

No comments:

Post a Comment