Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brad's on a mission

I talked with Brad today. I shared with him that the church read a blurb from an email he sent to some friends in his Men's Group. I didn't know Brad was going to be part of the service. I was all strong....until they read the email, and the dam broke. I pulled it together until they asked the congregation to support me, Justus and Bradley through this tough time. It is really heart warming, so appreciated.


After the service I had staff and congregation come check in on me and wonder what they could do. I passed this along to Brad and he said, "man these guys need some DVDs". The limited escape of a movie really lightens the day for those serving. There are community rooms available for the guys to hang out in, they have modest TVs with DVD players. With 28,000 people on the base, movies are in demand. Brad said they watch them over and over and they scrath and skip but they keep playing them.


I have encouraged my friends and family to help me out and see what they can round up. Brad would love to outfit some of the community room with a fresh supply of DVDs. I will keep you posted and see how many I can send over. These guys don't even care if they are new movies, just something a little cheery.


Please let me know if you want to help out. I can mail out one box so you don't have to ship it if you are local.


This is so like Brad. It is innate in him to look for ways to make things easier on other people.


Thank you! and way to go Brad!

1 comment:

  1. Brad has always been a sweetheart!! We would love to help anyway we can. I know that after my son graduates from boot camp this year, he will be going over there!! Way to go Brad and hang in there Mollie!!

    ReplyDelete